There are many aspects of building a search engine optimization campaign from tracking your progress, obtaining links, producing content, to optimizing onpage factors. Fortunately, everything can be made easier with the use of various SEO software applications. Many of these applications are designed to save you time and make building and running a search campaign more convenient.
Here are some examples of what SEO software programs can do for your campaign:
1. Audit Your Website – It can be hard to make sure your website is properly optimized for the search engines and is without technical errors as it grows. SEO software programs can help you identify which pages are performing poorly, which pages have technical problems such as broken links, and which pages need help with optimization.
2. Help You Locate Link Partners – Finding the right link prospects is more than just entering your keywords into the search engines and building a list. You need to look into their authority, relevance, PR and other factors. It’s also a matter of efficiency as conducting research and creating an outreach campaign manually can be very time consuming.
3. Manage Your Campaign – Managing a campaign correctly is essential to move a search campaign forward. You need to be able to get ranking updates for your pages, discover how your website is performing, and see if your search engine efforts are having a positive effect on your campaign.
4. Find New Opportunities – There are many SEO software programs that can help you analyze your traffic for important data which can be used to uncover new opportunities. For example, an application can help you track the keywords that were used to find your page, look into your audience demographics, and identify promising pages that you should build on.
5. Analyze the Competition – Part of succeeding in SEO is figuring out what your competition is doing and doing one better than them. SEO software can be used to reveal which links your competitors have acquired, what their link profile looks like, and what keywords they value most.
6. Help Create Optimized Content – Creating content for SEO is more than writing an article or blog post that is valuable to your audience. You need to make sure that it is properly optimized, includes the use of relevant keywords and has keywords in the right meta tags.
7. Assist with Keyword Research – Applications like Google’s Adwords Keywords tool is publicly available to everyone. However, there are many tools that can go beyond Google’s tool and uncover a greater number of keywords related to your business. These tools can help you find keywords with low competition and even organize these keywords into related groups for easier use.
Every SEO campaign should be supplemented with the use of SEO software. One common predicament is that many Internet marketers feel that they need to get all the latest and greatest applications. This can be costly as these applications are pricey. Fortunately, many of the free tools function just as well as the paid ones. It’s better to pay for the tools that will have the biggest impact on your campaign and making the most out of freely available tools until you feel an upgrade is simply necessary.